Monday, February 23, 2009

Food Sale the Second Time Around

I was head of the first HR Batch Marino 22 Food Sale last December, which coincided with Human Rights Week and the Global Alliance for Justice Education (GAJE) international conference. I expressed how I felt burdened the whole of that week. So they promised me that I would have a co-head the next food sale. And so the second food sale happened last Feb 9to12 with a co-head, V, assigned. So I thought that things would be easier. I told V that I really need his help especially since I would be busy with the upcoming summer apprenticeship and interviews. But boy was I disappointed that week with V. It was as if I didn't have a co-head at all. Why?
Strike One: He texted me the morning of Monday (first day of the food sale) that he was still on his way back to Manila from Sagada and so he couldn't help me. The thing is, I assigned him to help me set up. He should have texted me like Sunday night or something so that I could make arrangments.
Strike Two: His food sale shift is on thursday, starting at 10am (set-up). He arrived at 11am.
Strike Three: His shift is from 10to5pm. He didn't tell me that he had CLED duty from 2to4. (As HR interns, we are required to render two hours service per week). The problem is, only two of them were assigned for that day's shift. And based from experience, even three people manning the food sale is difficult enough. And now V was going to leave C alone in manning the food sale? If two of my blockmates didn't cut, I don't know how C could have coped up with manning the food sale all on her own.
And what's more difficult that day was that it was the second day of my period. So just imagine how awful and uncomfortable I felt that day.
But anyway, me and V our now on good terms. Don't want to prolong the "fight". Well actually, hindi naman fight, inis lang. Napuno lang kasi eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home